Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Postponing IVF Embryo Donation Procedure to February

I wrote another post about a week ago.  Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted everything I wrote over the course of a week and had to start over.  I was so frustrated that it's taken me a little while to muster up the nerve to type it all over again.  So, I apologize for the delay in posting.

A few weeks ago I posted about how we were contemplating postponing the embryo  transfer to February. After a lot of  thought, we decided to postpone the procedure.  I have not received a response to my email from our Reprofit consultant. I completely forgot that the clinic closes over the holidays.  I'm sending another email today to see if I get a response.  If I don't get a response, I will try calling the clinic sometime next week or the week after.

The consultant mentioned in a previous email that they would hold the embryo's until the first of February. I am hoping that when I make contact with the clinic, that a couple of weeks will not matter.  We would hate to lose these embryo's due to our inability to make everything happen in January.

As for getting ready for the procedure, I have already started eating healthier.  Although, it has been difficult over the holiday season.  I will let you know how I do tonight for Christmas Eve dinner and over the weekend with all of the holiday events we have scheduled.  As I've mentioned in previous posts I have a terrible sweet tooth, and the holidays are a difficult time for me to try and avoid them since they are EVERYWHERE;)

I have also managed to get back into my regular exercise routine.  I've only been able to manage three miles four nights a week.  However, anything at this point is better than nothing.  It's good to exercise and get the blood flowing.  My OB told me while pregnant with my daughter that exercise improves circulation.  The more blood circulating throughout the body, the greater my chances are for embryo implantation!  And we want that:):)

As far as travel arrangements are concerned, I have managed to save up enough miles for two round trip tickets to Europe.  Our plan is for me to travel by myself this time around. If this transfer is unsuccessful, we will have the ability to try again without "breaking the bank".  I'm hoping I'll be able to use my miles to fly directly into Prague, and then use a Student Agency bus to travel into Brno.  If I'm not able to fly into Prague, I will also try flying directly into Vienna then taking a Student Agency bus from there.  Not sure what I can get for miles, so we will see.

Flying into Dublin is the most inexpensive option.  However, to fly into Brno requires that I fly into Dublin, then into England and then into Brno.  Three flights is a lot considering I will be trying to squeeze all of this travel into four or five days. I actually would not mind the 3 hour bus ride from Prague into Brno, or the 1 hour bus ride from Vienna into Brno....over multiple flights.  I would be able to use the time to catch up on sleep and just relax before the procedure. 

I'm planning on making my travel arrangements within the next week, so I will break out my itinerary for you and will let you know what I end up doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment