Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Our 3 Little Miracles with Embryo Donation

As I write this post, my two and half year old daughter is drawing a picture on the floor beside me while my one year old fraternal twins are watching TV in the living room.  I can't help but think back to three years ago when I started writing this blog and how much I dreamed of this day.  I remember planning our first embryo transfer in the Czech Republic and how nervous and excited I was at the same time.  I had spent so many years dreaming of having children with my husband, and had almost given up hope.  It took three embryo transfers to finally make our family complete. We now have a new set of challenges ahead of us, such as which Pre-school our children should attend and when to tell them the story of their conception. So many things to consider.

As for our children, all three of them are beautiful and brilliant!  Our two year old daughter Big A, has a feisty and spirited personality.  She loves to dance and run around the house.  We rarely find her sitting down.  She's very busy. She's also a happy and very intelligent toddler.  At two years of age she's already speaking in short sentences, and has amazing recall.  She's also a very sweet and loving and absolutely adores her two younger siblings.  

Our daughter, Big F, is the oldest twin.  She is feisty and spirited and quite frankly a "little wild." She's a very happy baby and rarely has anything to complain about. She enjoys the company of her younger brother and occasionally likes to tackle him whenever she can steal his pacifier.  She's also mommy's girl and prefers to fall asleep in my arms whenever possible and is quite the little snuggle bunny.  

Her fraternal twin brother, Big D, is the polar opposite of his twin sister.  He's quiet and observant and always seems to be thinking about something. However, he has an incredible sense of humor and is always laughing and giggling with his daddy. He loves to play with his older sister Big A. I enjoy watching him interact with his sisters. I can already tell he is very thoughtful and protective of them.  If he hears one of them crying he will get our attention. He's definitely an old sole in a little man's body.  

Our unorthodox and nontraditional way of starting a family may not be for everyone.  However, it worked for us and our children have brought so much joy to our lives. We are very happy. 

Are you considering embryo donation? Do you have any questions?   



1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so amazing! Congrats on your success. We just got back from Reprofit for an embryo donation and got a BFN, but your story would have been our dream. I just sent you an email with some questions. :)

    ReplyDelete