Wednesday, August 19, 2015

We're back and Pregnant again via Embryo Donation at Reprofit!

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since my last post.  Back in February we were not sure if we were going to be able to go through with our transfer due to a family emergency.  However, with some finagling we were able to make it work.  I knew I wanted it to be a quick trip. So I literally flew in and flew back out and was back home within three days.  It was definitely what you would call a whirlwind trip.  My husband stayed home with our daughter, so I made the trip alone this time.  The clinic was okay with this as long as I had signed documents from my husband and a copy of our marriage certificate.  Once I got to the clinic there were no issues.  Everything went very smoothly.

My flights had me flying into NY then into Frankfurt, Germany.  From Frankfurt, I flew into Vienna, Austria and took a Student Agency bus directly into Brno.  I found this route to be the easiest and safest option since I was traveling alone.  You can find the Student Agency bus stop right outside the Vienna airport exit. It's so easy to find and if you time your flight just right you can be in Brno within the hour.  In the past I have flown into Prague and Slovakia with my husband. However, in both Prague and Slovakia you have to either take a cab or public transportation to get to the bus stop.  I prefer going through Vienna because its easier and frankly I think it's safer overall if you are traveling alone. There is also an NH Hotel directly across the parking lot once you exit the airport where you can stay if you need to stay over night and catch your bus the next morning.

Once I was in Brno, I stayed at the Grand Hotel.  I love the proximity of the hotel to the bus and train stations.  While it is more expensive than some other hotels in the area, you can't beat the convenience of it's location.  I've stayed at two other hotels in the area during our travels, Hotel Cyro and the Hotel Europa, and found them to be very nice.  However, the locations of both hotels were off the beaten path and required a lot of walking or taxi cabs to get around. The Grand is centrally located in the heart of Brno.  You can walk to everything and its in a safe location if you are traveling alone.

The next day I was off to the clinic for my embryo transfer.  We decided to have two embryos transferred rather than one primarily to increase our odds.  We had two transferred previous on two separate occasions. Our first transfer was unsuccessful and our second transfer resulted in the birth of our daughter.  Since we knew this might be our last trip for a while we wanted to maximize our chances of pregnancy.

It worked, I am now 30 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins!  We are very excited and a little nervous at the same time;)  Just last week I had to go to the hospital because of early contractions and dilation of my cervix.  Luckily, the doctors were able to stop everything in its tracks.  I am back home and on bedrest.  From what I've been told the risk of preterm labor is much higher with multiples than with a singleton.  There is a good chance that these babes will be coming early.  I'm hoping I hold on to them as long as possible!!!!

Please reach out with any questions regarding Reprofit, or embryo donation! I will also do my best to keep posting on a regular basis.  


No comments:

Post a Comment