Saturday, October 25, 2014

Is My Body Ready for a Frozen Embryo Transfer?

Now that we've started planning for our next trip to Reprofit for a second donor embryo transfer, my focus has turned to getting healthier and in better shape. For our last trip I had lost a significant amount of weight and had begun exercising regularly.  I wholeheartedly believe that this contributed to our successful frozen embryo transfer (FET).  However, once we found out I was pregnant and started having complications, I was no longer able to work out as frequently. I also had a difficult time eating healthy due to terrible morning sickness and weird food cravings. I'm hoping our second time around, things will be different by developing more healthy patterns!!!

My first goal, is to implement a regular exercise routine long before the FET in January. If our FET is successful, I want to ensure that I'm at least walking on a regular basis. Currently, I've been walking on the treadmill and using my elliptical around two to three days a week. This might be wishful thinking, but I'd like to increase this to at least four to five days a week.  Albeit it has been difficult to establish a regular routine now that I am back to working full-time with the baby. When I get home all I want to do is spend time with my daughter. By the time she's in bed and we've had dinner, it's around 8 or 9 o'clock.  Now that I wake up around 5AM with the baby, finding the time to work out has not been easy. I end up sacrificing sleep or time spent with my daughter to exercise these days. 

My second goal is to continue eating healthier. I am determined to either avoid Gestational Diabetes, or at least control it with a healthy diet if the transfer is successful.  I have already started eating more vegetables and lean meats.  I also do my best to avoid pasta and breads since the carbohydrates do not help my blood sugar levels. But let me tell ya, it is going to be difficult to give up my creamy cups of coffee in the morning.  My doctor actually advised when I was pregnant to not go cold turkey because it can cause caffeine withdrawal.  So, instead of giving up coffee completely, I plan to cut back on the cream and drop to one cup a day instead of my regular two to three cups.  Although, it is not going to be easy with a baby that wakes up at 5 AM everyday. Hopefully, I can cut down on my sweets intake as well!:) I will definitely keep you updated on my progress:)

Some other things I may be considering before the transfer is to include a daily aspirin in my ritual, as well as a multivitamin.  I did this prior to my daughter's transfer and want to make sure I do the same things, since it all turned out to be successful.

And last but not least, I have scheduled some appointments with my GP and OBGYN to confirm that my body is ready for another pregnancy!

I will keep you posted on my progress.  If you are preparing for a trip to Reprofit or a another fertility clinic in Brno, and would like a cycle buddy....please leave me a comment and I will get back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment